The vacuum brake booster check valve is a safety device that is used to regulate the flow of air in the vacuum brake booster. It is a one-way valve that prevents air from flowing back into the engine when it has been compressed by the vacuum brake booster. This check valve doesn’t generally require maintenance and hence isn’t a part of your regular car servicing. So, if you notice any anomalies with it, you will need vacuum brake booster check valve replacement.
This check valve connects the vacuum hose from the engine to the brake booster body. It sucks the air out of the brake booster but doesn’t allow the air to enter back. It’s meant to ensure that the brake applications have enough boost. If the vacuum hose from the engine is damaged, it might seem like there’s an issue with the check valve. Consult an expert mechanic to identify the actual problem and get it rectified.
Why is Vacuum Brake Booster Check Valve Replacement Important?
The vacuum brake booster check valve is a small but important part of the braking system. It is responsible for regulating the pressure in the brake booster. If the check valve leaks, it will make the braking system of your car less effective. The leak can lead to an increase in the stopping distance which can be potentially dangerous.
When should you Replace the Vacuum Brake Booster Check Valve?
- A leaky or stuck check valve will cause a decrease in braking power and may cause your car to shake when you apply pressure to the brakes
- If you notice that there is a decrease in braking power, it could be an indication that there is a leak or a stuck vacuum brake booster check valve
- Pressing the brake pedal can become harder or sometimes it feels too spongy
- Initially, it is easier to press the brake pedal but it suddenly becomes harder
Suggested for you: Turn Signal Switch Replacement Service
How is the Check Valve Replaced?
- Identify the fault in the vacuum brake booster check valve
- Remove the faulty check valve
- Install a new vacuum brake booster check valve
- Test the brakes for proper operation
- Road test the vehicle to ensure everything is working properly
If you find that your braking system isn’t working properly and you suspect issues with the vacuum brake booster check valve, consult an expert mechanic on Swezo. Our trusted and certified mechanics will inspect the brake system, identify the issue and get the vacuum brake booster check valve replacement done, if necessary.