Clogged windshield washer tubes and jets are pretty common. It should be noted that driving a car with a clogged windshield washing system can be dangerous. instead of spraying wiping water, it will rather spray dirt on the windshield.
Consequently, the driver will have a blurred view of the road surface and may risk an accident. Therefore, it is essential to remedy this problem quickly. Quite often, the cause of clogging of the windshield washer fluid is between the nozzles and the hose. The hose is the part that connects the tank containing the fluid for cleaning the windscreen and the nozzles. This nozzle may be blocked, but this rarely happens.
The jets are plastic nozzles situated in the middle of your hood or around it. These nozzles must spray the windshield cleaning solution at different speeds depending on how fast you’re driving. Cleaning these nozzles regularly is therefore essential for the system to function properly. The tubes that transport washer fluid from the windshield washer reservoir to the jet are exposed to all the elements that can be found on the open road, and they will become dirty over time and get clogged.
Suggested for you: Car AC Belt Replacement Services – What it is and Why you Need it?
Causes of Clogged Car Windshield Washer Tubes and Jets
There are several reasons for a clogged windshield washer system:
- In most cases, automotive wax or polish blocks the top of the jet, preventing the fluid from spraying onto the windshield.
- The wind, ambient dust, the rain drains particles. All this leads to grime and dirt that will settle over time in the nozzles.
- Insects that fly against the car in the summer. They can also cause a malfunction in the nozzles.
- Impurities from the windshield washer reservoir can also cause clogging of the system.
- The use of gel can also be the cause of the windshield washer clogging
- Similarly, frost can also block a windshield washer.
When it comes to your regular driving, one thing you should not sacrifice is your vision. In the case of windshield washer tubes and jets, you’re cleaning a relatively inexpensive element that can make a significant difference in terms of safety. If you notice that your washer fluid isn’t getting where it needs to go, invest in a thorough cleaning. Swezo can help you with windshield washer tubes and jets inspection service where our mechanic inspects the issue and cleans windshield washer tubes and jets if needed.