The heater core in your car’s HVAC system produces hot air during cold weather to keep your vehicle warm. During summer, the AC and its various components cool the air. The blower motor is responsible for pushing conditioned air both heated and cooled from the dash into the vehicle’s cabin. You may have about three blower motors, each motor with its blower motor switch, depending on the model of your car.
What is the Purpose of Blower Motor Switch?
The blower motor switch essentially allows you to adjust the airflow in your car. It makes you choose between high, medium, low, and off-speed for the fan. The switch wears out over time due to regular wear and tear, and the switch will fail, necessitating the purchase of a new blower motor switch.
Most switches display unpredictable behavior before entirely failing, so you should be able to detect impending failure. Although a malfunctioning blower motor switch will not prohibit you from driving, you must be comfortable in your car, and your windows must be unfogged and clear. Have the issue looked at and fixed as soon as possible.
When is Blower Motor Switch Replacement Needed?
- Fan operates in some switch positions but not others.
- Irregular operation
- The blower motor would not turn on
Suggested for you: Combination Switch Assembly Replacement Service
How Our Mechanic Performs Blower Motor Switch Replacement?
- Inspect if the blower motor switch needs to be changed. To gain access, the blower switch trim panel is removed.
- The faulty blower motor switch is disconnected from the trim panel and uninstalled.
- The panel is reinstalled once the replacement blower motor switch has been mounted.
- The blower motor switch has been thoroughly tested at all blower speeds.
- The car is put through its paces to ensure that the air conditioner and heating are working properly.
You won’t be able to regulate the fan or fan speed for your car’s HVAC system if the blower motor switch isn’t working. This could imply anything from being uncomfortable to being dangerously overheated or chilled, depending on the weather. Have your blower motor switch replacement by Swezo’s skilled mechanics if you feel it isn’t working properly.